Kayakalpa is one of the descendants of Ayurveda which is a holistic approach for healing. In Sanskrit, kaya means body and Kalpa means transformation or transmutation. This technique is being used for several thousands of the years by religious healers to rejuvenate and give longevity to royals and holy sages. This process reverses the effects of time and regenerates the entire body, spirit and mind. If the body is not in harmony, the person will end up with disease, distress and discomfort. Kaya Kalpa Therapy cures degenerative diseases and prolongs life by harmonizing the mind, psyche and body by purification, nourishment and rejuvenation.
The modern lifestyle has given the younger generation with diseases like diabetes, arthritis, hypertension, osteoporosis, psychosomatic problems, spondylitis, stress, and strain, etc. Synthetic drugs also are the cause for many diseases and disorders which makes the younger generation to take asylum in traditional medicine. The aim of this therapy is to rejuvenate each and every tissue in your body and maintain normal Ojus.
The benefits of kaya kalpa therapy are:
- Retards aging process
- Improves immunity, vigour and vitality
- Corrects metabolism
- Revitalises body, mind and soul
- Repairs worn out tissues
- Improves memory power & intelligence
- Relieves stress and strain
Kayakalpa is suitable for
This therapy is ideal for office goers, business owners, people with busy lifestyle, elders, physically tired housewives and those stressed out.
The following procedures are carried out in Kaya Kalpa:
- Abhyanga – Complete body massage with specific herbal oils
- Svedana – Abhyanga is followed by steam bath
- Shirodhara – The process in which warm medicated oil is poured on the forehead
- Sarvangadhara – In this treatment, medicated oil or medicated milk is poured all over the body for soothing and relaxing.
- Elakizhi: Fresh plants and herbals are tied into a bolus which is tipped in the warm medicated oil and applied all over the body
- Navarakizhi: A special type of rice is cooked and tied into boluses which is dipped in the mixture of milk with herbal oil and massaged all throughout your body.
- Udwarthana: The herbal powder is applied all over the body and deeply massaged for specific movements for an hour.
All these treatments will depend upon the condition of the patient. The herbs that are used also will vary according to the nature of disease the patient is having.
Why Kayakalpa Therapy at Panchkarma therapies
Panchkarma therapies is your right choice for Kaya Kalpa therapy. Our expert therapists can perform all of the above therapies as they are well trained. Our medical practitioner will examine you and recommend the necessary herbs that are to be used in medicated oil. He will also guide and supervise the entire process so that you can be rest assured of the procedure and will also get the necessary benefits.